Friday 20 April 2012

News on the job front


So got some more good news on the job hunt front. I got a call from DCP (Department of Child Protection) today having an interim informal discussion about the role, what positions are available in what locations and where I would prefer to go. She said she would call me Monday/Tuesday to talk about the different bits and pieces before the letter offer and to start filling out the Working With Children Check paperwork (like a police clearance but a bit more thorough). It would take a huge bolt of lightning for me to not get some kind of position with them so really happy.

Now that I'm 99% sure I've got the job and will be moving I'm starting to worry about how I will go without a gym. My gym has really been a huge motivating factor, I just don't like exercising at home or outside so that may become a huge obstacle for me. They've got a mini "fitness centre" which has like 2 treadmills, 2 elliptical, 1 bike. Not sure I want to pay $70 a month for something that I'm pretty sure will be difficult to use because there isn't much equipment there and will probably be in use when I try to go!

A bit off topic, but was too scared to ask if I will be expected to do weekend work :) Even if I do have to I'll still take the work but after working casually in retail for 7 years I would like the weekends off! And I'm a huge fan of my city's sports team and have a membership with them so would like to go home every fortnight to catch some games. It's only a 2 hour drive to the city so I would think it will be possible to go to the majority of the games. Here's to hoping. :)

I'll let you guys know how the offer goes. They implied I would go to my number 2 choice of town but still hoping my number 1 choice (only an hours drive from my current house) opens up for me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment